It is highly recommended that
foreigners, who wish to visit
Türkiye, should read the related
information about our country’s
Visa regime for Touristic and Business Purposed visit of a country may differ from Work and Education Purposed visit. Also Türkiye’s visa regime may change according to reciprocity principle.
While some applicants may be exempt from visa for their touristic or business visit to Türkiye, the others can obtain an e-Visa. All other applicants will need to obtain a visa through Turkish Representations in the abroad.
An information note about visa regime of Türkiye is available in the following address: www.mfa.gov.tr
Visa types granted by Türkiye are;
a) Touristic Visit
b) Single Transit
c) Double Transit
d) Business Meeting/Commerce
g) Sportive Activity
h) Cultural Artistic Activity
i) Official Visit
j) Visit to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
2- OFFICIAL VISA
a) Assigned for duty
3- STUDENT – EDUCATION VISA
a) Internship Visa
b) Internship ERASMUS
c) Internship AISEC
d) Turkish Language Course Purpose
e) Course Purpose
f) Education Purpose
g) Education in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
4- WORKING VISA
a) Employment Purpose/Special Employment Purpose
b) Assigned Lecturers/Academics
c) Assigned Sportsperson
d) Assigned Artists
e) Assigned Free Zone Workers
f) Assigned Journalists
g) Montage and Repairman Purposes
5- OTHER VISAS
a) Archaeological Excavation, Exploration Purpose
b) Documentary Purpose
c) Tour Operator Representative
d) Medical Treatment Purposes
e) Accompaniment Purpose
f) Family Unification Purpose
g) Freight Vısa
h) Seafarer Visa
In accordance with the article 7.1b of “the Law on Foreigners and International Protection” no.6458, foreigners wishing to enter Türkiye should carry a travel document (passport) with an expiration date at least 60 days beyond the “duration of stay” of their visa, e-Visa, visa exemption, or residence permit.
Example A: In order to enter Türkiye having a visa with 90 days “duration of stay”, foreigners should hold a travel document valid at least for an additional 60 days which totals to 150 days (90 days + 60 days) of validity at the time of entrance.
Example B: In order to enter Türkiye having a visa with 30 days “duration of stay”, foreigners should hold a travel document valid at least for an additional 60 days which totals to 90 days (30 days + 60 days) of validity at the time of entrance."
In accordance with international agreements and special legal provisions, the following categories are exempted from this provision:
a) Citizens of countries who are allowed to enter Türkiye with their national ID’s in accordance with “European Agreement on Regulations governing the Movement of Persons between Member States of the Council of Europe”;
5- The Netherlands
9- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
b) Citizens of countries holding passports which are expired but considered as valid for a certain period
1. Germany – Passports expired within the last year / ID’s expired within the last year
2. Belgium - Passports expired within the last 5 years.
3. France - Passports expired within the last 5 years.
4. Spain - Passports expired within the last 5 years.
5. Switzerland - Passports expired within the last 5 years.
6. Luxemburg - Passports expired within the last 5 years.
7. Portugal - Passports expired within the last 5 years.
8. Bulgaria – Valid ordinary passport
c) Holders of diplomatic, special and official passports
- Visitors who are not exempt from entry visa must obtain their visas or schedule an appointment with the Turkish Consular offices via Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa (www.visa.gov.tr). The applicants who meet the requirements will be directed by the Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa to the e-Visa system (www.evisa.gov.tr) In those countries where Türkiye does not have a consular representation can also use online scheduling for appointments with the nearest accredited consular office of Türkiye.
- In order to avoid inconveniences that may be caused by delays in processing, it is recommended to apply for visas at least one month in advance before the planned travel.
- The visas submitted to foreigners do not guarantee absolute rights of entry to Türkiye.
- Visa fees are not refundable in cases where applications are rejected
- All applicants are required to have a medical insurance that will be valid during their stay in Türkiye.
- The length of stay provided by visa or visa exemption cannot exceed 90 days within each 180 days. The regulation of 90 days of stay within the last 180 days is binding for all foreigners that will travel to Türkiye.
- It is not possible for foreigners holding two passports to stay in Türkiye for 90 days each with their two different passports within the last 180 days.
- In all types of visa applications, Turkish consular offices may issue visas with a maximum duration of stay of 90 days. The foreigners who wish to stay longer than 90 days in Türkiye, should apply for “Short Term Residence Permit” at the Provincial Directorate of Migration Administration in order to extend their residence.
- The residence permit of the foreigners will be cancelled if they stay outside Türkiye for longer than 120 days in total during the last year.
- For United Nations (UN) Travel Document (Laissez-Passer) holders who have blue UN travel documents, visa exemption with 90 days length of stay within the preceding 180 days may apply during their official visit to Türkiye if they can certify their official assignment. Red UN Travel Document holders, shall be exempt from entry visa and may stay in Türkiye 90 days within the preceding 180 days regardless of their purpose of visit. General visa provisions shall apply for Blue UN travel document holders subject to regulations specified according to their country of origin.
- Visa applications for travels except for touristic or trade purposes (work or study etc.) will need to obtain visa through Turkish Representations in the abroad.
- Regardless of the visa regime applied towards the citizens of a country, the travel document holders of that country need to obtain visa from Turkish missions beforehand.
- Any applicant under the age of 18 must submit official written approvals from both parents. For those applicants who certify that their parents are officially divorced and prove the parent holding their custody as well as for those with one parent deceased, visas may be issued in accordance with their purpose of visit.
- The authorization of processing the residence permit applications submitted by the following persons who enter Türkiye availing visa-free regime and without requirement of obtainment of Student Visas lays with Local Immigration Offices (Provincial Directorates of Migration): Foreigners who arrive in Türkiye upon invitations by universities under Turkish Higher Education Board to study at the associate, undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, Ph. D levels pursuant to international student exchange programs, cultural programs as well as under EU Education and Youth Programs.
- For foreigners wishing to enter Türkiye via naval ports with touristic purposes, visa-free entry permits may be issued by the local governorates. These permits shall have a maximum 72 hours duration of stay and will be only valid for sightseeing purposes in the vicinity of naval ports where they entered the country. This practice, as it intends to facilitate entry for those visitors subject to visa, does not entitle visitors to visa. Passports of these visitors are not retained by the border authorities; however, visitors are given "Harbor City Entry Permit" which is required to be returned to the authorities upon their exits.
- Any piece of data submitted here may be processed and stored in database accessible to the relevant Turkish authorities in accordance with their respective mandates.
- If an invitation letter is submitted for a Touristic Visa application, it must include the inviting person's TR Identity Number, clear identity, the list of invitees, permanent address, contact number, length and purpose of stay and the affinity with the applicant must be stated in the letter. If the inviting side is an organization or a company, tax registration certificate of the organization will be required. In the invitation letter it is also required for the inviting person/authority to pledge for covering victuals and accommodation expenses and for taking their own responsibility. The applicant is required to have sufficient and/or regular remunerations.
- Foreigners lay their applications for work permit through our consular offices in the country of their residence or nationality.
- To work in Türkiye, you must apply to the nearest Turkish mission to obtain work permit and visa. Your passport, visa application form and a letter from your employer are the necessary documents for your application. Other documents should be submitted to the Turkish Ministry of Labor and Social Security (MLSS) by your employer within ten working days after your application.
- Work Permit Applications are concluded positively or negatively by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security. Work Permits have equivalence to residence permits. Thus, should a working permit is approved by the Ministry, the foreigner is charged an Entry Visa Fee, Work Permit Certificate Fee and Residence Fee by the Turkish consular offices. Since Work Permit Card substitute residence permit in Türkiye, "Work Annotated Visa" issued by these offices can only be used for entrance and for 90 days at maximum.
- You may find the list of those documents in the MLSS’s website ( http://www.csgb.gov.tr ). Applications are finalized by the MLSS within thirty days at the latest. Right after your arrival in Türkiye (before starting to work), you should be registered at the local police department within one month to obtain the necessary residence permit.
- Work permit is granted to foreigners who will work in Free Zones in our country by the Ministry of Economy, to those to work in units under Ministry of Culture and Tourism by the mentioned Ministry and to foreign national personnel to work in universities by the Higher Education Board.
Should your application
be denied, the organizing committee
cannot change the decision of visa
officer, nor will ICKEM 2023 engage
in discussion or correspondence with
the visa application center on
behalf of the applicant. The
registration fee CANNOT be refunded
when the VISA application of
individual being denied.